如果是给不知道名字的人或者是在写一封普通的邮件,可以在开头选择“Greetings”、“Hi there”。但在写邮件的时候千万别再使用Dear Sir和Dear Madam,这种说法过于老套并且很正式,给人一种你不必用心查找对方的名字的感觉,有点冒犯。还有“To whom it may concern”也不要用。
我们通常用的表达如下:
Dear Mr./ Ms. Smith (具体某人)
Dear Prof.(教授)/Dr.(博士)+ 姓(头衔,职位)
这一部分作为邮件的重点,需要向客户表述你的主要诉求。比如你写邮件是为了请求客户帮忙、提供报价,询问客户问题、或者回应客户需求,提供证明材料等。通常我们会用到这样的表达:
1. We are writing to inform you that.../ to confirm.../ to request.../to enquire about...
我们写信是为了通知/确认/请求/询问……
2. I recently read/heard about...and would like to know...
我们最近听说......因此想要知道...…
3. I am contacting you for the following reason...
此次联系您主要是为了......
4. We'd like to invite you to a meeting on May 15th.
我们想要邀请您参加5月15日的会议。
需要注意的是,在做这部分表述的时候,我们通常可以使用以下短语:
Making a request 请求帮忙
1. We would appreciate it if you would …
如果您愿意......我们将不胜感激。
2. It would be helpful if you could send us ...
如果您可以给我们发送......将会很有帮助。
3. I would appreciate your immediate attention to this matter.
感谢您对此事的关注。
4. Could you possibly tell us / let us have ...
你能告诉我们......吗?
5. Please let me know what action you propose to take.
您能告诉我下一步计划是什么吗?
Offering help 提供帮助
1. Would you like us to ...?
您希望我们......吗?
2. We are quite willing to ...
我们相当乐意......
Giving good news 通知好的消息
1. We are pleased to announce that .../ to inform you that ... / to learn that ...
我们很开心(很高兴)的告知(宣布/通知/了解).....
Giving bad news 通知不好的消息
1. I'm afraid it would not be possible to ...
我恐怕…...不能…...
2. After careful consideration we have decided (not) to ...
经过深思熟虑后,我们决定…...
3. Unfortunately we cannot / we are unable to ...
不幸的是,我们没法/不能…...
4. Please note that the goods we ordered on ( date ) have not yet arrived.
抱歉货没法如期抵达。
Complaining表达不满
1. I am writing to express my dissatisfaction with ...
我对......感到很不满意。
04
Closing——结束语
最后一段通常我们会客气的寒暄一下,写上对客户的期待(期待对方的回复/给出意见反馈等)。通常我们会用这样的表达:
1. Please accept our thanks for the trouble you have taken.
有劳贵方,不胜感激。
2. We tender you our sincere thanks for your generous treatment of us in this affair.
对您在此事中的慷慨之举,我们深表感谢。
3. We should be grateful for your trial order.
如您试订货,我们将不胜感激。
4.We should be grateful for your furnishing us details of your requirements.
如果能收到您的具体需求,我们会非常开心。
5. We are greatly obliged for your bulk order just received.
收到贵方大宗订货,我们不胜感激。
6. If there is anything we can do to help you, we shall be more than pleased to do so.
贵公司若有所需求,我公司定尽力效劳。
7. We will spare no efforts in endeavoring to be of service to you.
我们将不遗余力的为您效劳。
8. Looking forward to your reply.
期待您的回信。
05
Ending——问候
邮件的最后我们通常会落上对客户诚挚的问候,可用的表达很多。比如:
Yours sincerely / Yours truly / Sincerely /
Thank you / Best wishes / Warm regards /
All the best / Best of luck
以上是给客户发邮件时候一些常用的表达,希望能够给新入行的外贸人提供帮助