yestao123导购网 发表于 2011-12-9 16:05:23

WTO英语900句(五)



And the balance by 90 days L/C?

余额用90天信用证支付吗?

the balance : remainder of sth after part has already been used, taken, etc 剩余:

* The balance of your order will be supplied when we receive fresh stock.

贵方所订购货物之其余部分, 一俟我方进货即可供应.

* When will you take the balance of your annual leave? 你打算什么时候使用剩余的年假?

yes

是的。

Don’t worry. We’re only asking for cash this time.

别担心。我们只是这次要现金。

Well, I think I have no other choice.

那么,我只好答应了。

Then that’s settled.

好,就这么定了。

Yes. I have to admit that you are very astute.

只好这样啦。我不得不承认您很精明。

astute : / э'stju:t; US э'stu:t; э`stut/ adj clever and quick at seeing how to gain an advantage; shrewd

精明的; 机敏的; 狡诈的:

* an astute lawyer, businessman, judge of character, etc 干练的律师、 精明的商人、 知人之明

* It was an astute move to sell just before prices went down. 正好在价格下跌前脱手, 真是精明之举.

> astutely adv. astuteness n .

As this is the first deal between us, I hope we can trade on customary terms, i.e.,letter of credit payable against sight draft.

由于这是我们之间进行的第一笔交易,我很希望能够遵照惯例,也就是说,用即期信用证付款。

You don’t mean to say you want cash, do you?

您不是在说您想要现金吧?

Actually, that’s just what I wanted to say.

实际上,这正是我想要说的。

Don’t you think a letter of credit is just as good as cash? And you can discount it at any time, if you like.

您不认为信用证跟现金差不多吗? 而且如果您愿意,什么时候都是可以贴现的。

The problem, you see, is that we are now at the turn of the century. We’re worried about the millennium bug. To be on the safe side, I think cash is the only thing we can accept.

您知道,问题是我们正处在世纪之交,千年虫让我们担忧。所以为保险起见,我们只接受现金。

Will you still ask for cash in the future, I mean, after we enter the new century?

将来,我是说进入新世纪以后,你们仍然要现金吗?

I'm sorry. I have to think it over. As you are probably aware, the international money market is not so stable nowadays.

很抱歉,我得好好考虑考虑。您可能有所警觉,当前国际货币市场不太稳定。

Don’t you trust me? I believe that our pleasant cooperation over the years has proved us trustworthy partners.

您难道不相信我吗?我相信过去几年的愉快合作已经证明,我们都是值得信赖的业务伙伴。

Yes, I know it. But I’m not worrying about your reliability …

这我知道,但我担心的不是你的信誉……

reliability : state or quality of being reliable 可靠(性); 可信(性)

Let’s consider another way, say, letter of credit. Do you think that’s acceptable?

那么我们来考虑另一种方式,比如说信用证,您认为可以接受吗?

A letter of credit should have been all right. But as you know, interest rates are changing from minute to minute. And we can not be assured that …

信用证本来是可以的。但您知道,利率时刻都在变化,不能保证我们…

Then when is the earliest shipment we can expect?

那么最早什么时候可以装运呢?

By the middle of October, I think.

我想要到十月中旬。

It's too late. You see, November is the season for this commodity in our market, and our Customs formalities are rather complicated.

那太迟了。你知道,在我们那儿十一月是这个商品上市季节,另外我们的海关手续相当复杂。

I understand.

我明白。

In terms of payment, would you like to accept D/P?

付款方式方面,您愿意接受付款交单吗?

As I just said, it's a long-distance transportation. I really don't want to take any chances.

我刚才说过,货物要经过长途运输,我实在不想任何冒险。

You need have no fears about that.

你不用担心。

Well, I suppose there is no other choice.

好吧,看来只能这样了。

Now that we've settled the terms of payment, is it possible to effect shipment during September?

我们已经谈妥了付款条件。是否能在九月份装运?

now conj ~ (that)... because of the fact (that)... 由于...; 既然...:

* Now (that) you mention it, I do remember the incident. 经你一提, 我想起那件事了.

* Now you've passed your test you can drive on your own. 你驾驶考试既已合格, 就可以独自开车了.

I don't think we can.

我看不行。

But we're only talking about shirts. They're not fragile goods. Besides, cartons are light and easy to handle.

但我们讲的是衬衣。衬衣不是易碎物品。而且纸箱轻便,容易搬运。

fragile: / 'frжd3ail; US -d3l; `frжd3эl/

Well, I just mean they're easily breakable.

我是说纸箱容易破裂。

There's no need to worry. We can reinforce the cartons with straps.

这个不用担心。我们可以用条带加固。

reinforce : make (sth) stronger by adding material, etc (以添加材料等)加固(某物):

* reinforce the sleeves of a jumper, eg with elbow patches 在套头毛衣肘部加补钉

* reinforce a wall, bridge, dyke, etc 把墙、 桥、 堤坝等加固.

Look, these goods will have to go a long way before they arrive at our port. What if dampness gets into the package?

但这些货物必须经过长途运输才能抵达我港。包装受潮怎么办?

damp :adj (-er, -est) not completely dry; slightly wet 不完全乾燥的; 潮湿的:

* damp clothes 潮湿的衣服 * a damp surface 潮湿的表面

* Don't sleep between damp sheets. 睡觉时不要用潮湿的被褥.

All the cartons are lined with plastic sheets, so they're absolutely water-proof, I can assure you.

所有纸箱都内衬塑料袋,我可以保证绝对防水。

Most of them do. But the background color should be a little lighter.

大多数人是的。但底色好象应该再淡一些。

No problem. What do you think of our logo?

好。你觉得我们的标识怎么样?

logo / 'lэugэu; `lo.go/ n (pl ~s) printed symbol designed for and used by a business, company, etc as its emblem, eg in advertising (企业、公司等的)专用标识, 标记, 商标(如用于广告中的).

Very good. Maybe you should move it a little closer to the middle.

很好。再往中间靠一靠更好一些。

Alright. Do you have anything to say about the outer packaging?

好。外包装如何?

You mentioned cartons, didn't you? I'm afraid cartons are not strong enough.

你说的是纸箱吧?恐怕纸箱不够牢固。

Please don't worry. All the bags are beautifully designed to come in line with the local market preference at your end.

没问题。所有袋子都设计得很精美,符合你们当地市场的口味。

in line with sth: similar to sth; in accordance with sth 与某事物类似或一致:

* in line with the others/with the latest research 与其他的一致[根据最新的研究成果

Have you got any samples here? I'd prefer to have a look.

这儿有没有样品?

Here you are.

请看。

It does look good. Especially the little swan.

确实漂亮。尤其是这个小天鹅。

Thank you. We understand that your people regard swans as a symbol of good luck.

多谢。我们听说你们那儿的人把天鹅当成幸运物。 Waterloo bridge : lucky charm

Thank you. Let’s call it a deal.

谢谢。那么成交了。

Excellent.

太好了。

Can we discuss the packing today?

我们今天谈一谈包装好吗?

Sure. We usually pack our skirts individually in polythene bags, ten dozen to one carton.

好的。我们的衬衣通常每件单独装一塑料袋,10打装一纸箱。

polythene / 'p)liθi:n; `palэθin/ n type of plastic widely used in the form of flexible, often transparent, sheets for waterproof packaging, insulation, etc 聚乙烯:

a polythene bag, cover 聚乙烯塑料袋、 套.

Acceptable. But please pay attention to the design of the inner packing. All the packages must be ready for window display.

好。但请注意内包装的设计,所有的包装都必须适于橱窗展示。

Oh, I’m afraid the price you give is too low. The best I can do is 2%.

哇,恐怕你给的价格太低了。我顶多降价2%。

You say 2% and I say 4%. How about splitting the difference and meeting each other half way? Let’s settle at 3%.

你说2%,我说4%,我们来折中一下,双方各让一半怎样?就降3%吧。

split the `difference : (when making a bargain) settle on an amount half-way between two proposed amounts (idm )(讲价时)各让一步, 折中.

No. I’m afraid it’s still not acceptable.

不行,恐怕我还是不能接受。

What do you say to 2.5%, then?

2.5%怎么样?

Hmm…I appreciate your efforts and sincerity in this transaction. As a token of our cooperation, we accept your bid.

噢……我非常感谢您在这笔生意中所做的努力和诚意。为表示我们愿意合作,我们接受您的递价。

token / 'tэukэn; `tokэn/ n

1 sign, symbol or evidence of sth 表徵; 标志; 证据:

* A white flag is used as a token of surrender. 白旗是用作投降的信号.

* These flowers are a small token of my gratitude. 谨以此花聊表谢忱.

2 disc like a coin used to operate certain machines or as a form of payment (用以启动某些机器或用作付款形式的)代币, 专用辅币: Tokens for the cigarette machine are available at the bar. 在柜台可以买到供自动售烟机使用的代币.

* milk tokens, ie (in Britain) bought from the milkman and left on the doorstep to pay for the milk delivered 牛奶票(送奶人出售的票证, 购者用以付送奶费, 可置于门外).

页: [1]
查看完整版本: WTO英语900句(五)